Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekly Blog 13

Not much I can say about this week because it was over Thanksgiving Break.  Right before I left for the break, I participated in an awesome play test with some 4th graders for my group's HFOSS XO game.  The 4th graders responded extremely well to our game and the whole event was a great time.  To read more about that, check out my blog post specifically on this play test.

My DSA class required me to improve on the obstacle spawning that was implemented in the last assignment.  This was a bit of a pain because I completed almost the whole walkthrough but struggled on the very last part.  As a result, I ended up disabling some of the features and simply uploading what I was able to fix.  Next week, we are supposed to add some collisions to the game engine, which I am excited for.

My Rich Media class continued working on some cool Ajax stuff, specifically working on some more difficult PHP.  We had to figure out how to load some jokes stored in JSON using PHP, and then figure out how to set the jokes again using PHP.  This was a pretty cool assignment and although I find the constant ICE's to be a lot to continuously keep up with, I can definitely see a ton of use for what we are learning.

Luckily, my GDD class got a bit of a break during this short week.  On Monday, we had a work day where we all worked on our projects at our own pace.  My holiday was a lot of fun and I loved going home to see my family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment