Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekly Blog 11

Received my Project 2 for Rich Media this week.  That was fun.  Requirements for Project 2 in a nutshell:

  • Use 2 Web API's to fetch data
  • Use XHR to grab the data to your web app
  • Display the data through a stylized page
This project is actually a lot of work.  I have to find 2 web API's and then figure out how I am going to mash them together to make a useful web app with them.

In other news, this week in my DSA class, we had an assignment where we were supposed to optimize our game engines.  Basically what was slowing the engine down is that we were loading textures into the engine in an inefficient way, so we had to edit the code to speed that up.  As I mentioned in an earlier weekly post, I don't enjoy 3d Graphics Programming, but luckily, it actually wasn't that difficult to speed up our programs, because the walkthrough was pretty clear.

My friend and I started really trying to get some code up for our XO Project.  We hoped to have something playable by the Pre-Thanksgiving Playtest with 4th graders.  Again, for more information on this, see my other blog posts.

My GDD class began working on our 3rd and final game projects.  My group decided to work on another digital game much to the disappointment of one of our group members.  We brainstormed ideas and decided on a versus game where on player is a prisoner, and the other player is a prison warden trying to stop the prisoner from escaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment