Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weekly Blog 12

As with every other week, I continued trekking through the swamp that is my life of assignments.  In DSA, we were assigned a GameObject spawning homework.  Basically, what we had to do was add a feature to our game engine where if the user clicks, a sphere is spawned on the screen.  This was not too difficult when I read the walkthrough and it was actually quite enjoyable because I saw the potential for a pretty cool game project after this assignment.

In my Rich Media class, we continued working on Ajax, moved into PHP and did some cool ICE's implementing the Google Maps API.  In my GDD class, we got a basic game layout done for play testing.  We have a game where the player controls a character that can move left and right in a platformer style.  Different blocks affect the player in different ways.  For example, the player can hit jump blocks that sends them flying in the air.

In my Video Art class, we got assigned our final project.  I like getting assigned final projects early because it allows me to get a head start on the project and not have to stress about it later in the year.  This is also why I was happy to know what our HFOSS project was going to be from the very first few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment