Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekly Blog 8

This week, I continued to progress in my class projects.  For my Game Design and Development class, my group continued to add content to our digital game by adding more types of blocks to our level and making it so the blocks have specific colors to correspond with their functions.  For the moment, we have it set so blue colored blocks bounce the player off, and black blocks cause the player to stick and have to relaunch themselves.

For my Data Structures class, I continued working on our 3d game engine.  We received an assignment where we had to set up the viewing and projection in the program to allow for fully implemented first person controls, which I believe I mentioned in my previous weekly blog.  What this means, is that the user can move around the 3d environment using the W,A,S,D keys and can look around the environment by moving around the mouse.

For my Rich Media class, I uploaded a first prototype of my project.  Currently, it is a game where the user controls a space ship at the bottom of the screen, and the space ship can be moved left or right into different columns of the screen.  Enemies also spawn randomly from the top of the screen.

All of my classes are quite challenging, but also enjoyable.  My DSA class seems especially difficult because 3d programming does not really come naturally to me and I find it abstract and therefore, difficult for me to visualize.

No comments:

Post a Comment