Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Hudl Meetup

This past Thursday I had the pleasure of attending a presentation on open source software by a representative from Hudl.  Hudl is a sports video and software company that helps coaches around the world.  It is a really cool company with a great cause.  You can check them out here: http://www.hudl.com/ .

I really enjoyed this presentation because I got to hear about Open Source Software from someone who works for a legitimate company in the field of software/web development.  It was nice to get an outside perspective on some topics that are covered in my Open Source Software Class.

What I really found interesting about this presentation was how well the representatives presentation lined up with what we have covered in my HFOSS class.  Specifically, the part of the presentation that dealt with the advantages of Open Source Software really lined up with the Five Pillars of Open Source Software, and also what I learned about how/why people use open source software from readings in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment