Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekly Blog 7

This week was fun.  I worked on a bunch of stuff for each of my classes.  For my Data Structures and Algorithms class, I started working on a 2d Game Engine.  The engine has a first person shooter control scheme, and so far has some basic 3d shapes in it.  It contains a sphere, a cylinder, and a cube along with a camera for viewing.  We will be building on this engine in the next few weeks.

For my rich media class, I worked on my mid term project.  I took the space shooter we were building and began fleshing it out into my own creation.  I want it to be a game where the player controls a mouse at the bottom of the screen and tries to catch the cheese falling from the top of the screen.  There will also be poison falling from the top of the screen that the player has to avoid.

For my Game Design and Development class, we started to get our digital game working.  We currently have a ball that can be shot towards the mouse when the user clicks.  Then the player controls the ball through the air by moving the mouse around.  The ball can also stick to certain walls and bounce off of others.  For this week's playtest, we just wanted users to understand how the controls were going to work.  There is no real objective, although I designed the level in the hopes that players would aim for the furthest point to the right of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment