Thursday, October 16, 2014

Weekly Blog 6

This past week was pretty good.  I got to work on a bunch of cool stuff.  It was nice to get over the hurdles of the past 2 weeks and finally get a bit of a break.  Work did not come as fast this week so I really got to choose what I wanted to work on and not feel rushed.

I gave a presentation with MrNex and Dtendr on a community architecture analysis of the Open Source Project Duality.  You can read about that in my below posts.  I also got the pleasure of attending a Hudl Meetup on the RIT campus.  That was a great experience that you can also read about in my previous posts.

I started creating a digital game for my Game Design course.  My group chose to program a game in Java since we are all familiar with the language.  Our game is going to be about a mouse who launches himself out of cannons to try to defeat cats who have stolen the mouse's friends.  The player controls the mouse and can rotate the mouse's path through the air using the literal computer mouse.  I know the game might sound a bit odd, but we've come pretty far even though we only just started working on it.  Aside from the Game Design digital game, I also continued working on a space shooter game that I had been making for my Rich Media class.

As I mentioned, it was nice to not have that much work this week, but sadly I think next week will be right back to piles and piles of things to do.  I have a Data Structures homework due next week which I think will be difficult.  I also have some midterms coming up, which is always a pain.  Can't really think of anything else to mention right now.  Hopefully next week isn't too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment