Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekly Blog 5

Well, this was a pretty eventful week for me!  As I said in my last weekly blog post, there was a lot for me to "look forward" to doing, and I was absolutely right.  I worked like crazy to get all of my work done.  It was almost like my teachers had their work buttons turned off until this week, when they apparently decided to crank them full blast.

One of the black holes that sucked up all of my time this week was a video art project that I had to complete by Thursday.  The purpose of the assignment was to use what we learned in class so far to create some kind of video art piece that "disrupts the medium".  For my project, I created a split-screen video that displays one side of the screen as a first person view of someone walking forward, while the other half of the screen shows the behind view.  This project took me an enormous amount of time because I had to experiment with manipulating 2 iPhone cameras around various spots on campus to get some footage that I liked.  I wanted to challenge how viewers perceive the world and show them that they do not take the time to admire what is around them, as they are always looking ahead.

The other project that I had to work on was a board game that I had been producing in a team for my Game Design class.  Specifically, I had to create a highly visual one page design document for our game.  This took me a long time because I had to fit a ton of information on one page.  While I worked on this, I also programmed a space shooter project for my Rich Media class.  Lastly, I worked on a team proposal for my Open Source Software class.  You can read about that in my previous blog posts though.

Although I did a lot of work this week, it definitely felt great to accomplish so much.  The other nice thing about all of this is I can finally slow down and relax now that all of the hard work is out of the way.  As for this coming week, I can "look forward" to performing a community analysis and giving a presentation on the "Duality" open source game engine.  I also get to start programming a digital game for my Game Design game.  I'd say I'm super excited, but really I'm only moderately excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment