Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekly Blog 2

Second week of classes complete.  It was nice having off for Labor Day, and it made this week go by much faster.  I got a chance to work on a lot of cool projects this week, as well as complete work for my classes.

I programmed some simple introductory html5 canvas applications for my Rich Media and Web Application Development class.  Hopefully I will be able to incorporate some of my knowledge from programming these apps into making some cool things for the open source community.  I also learned a lot about game and graphics physics in my Data Structures and Algorithms 2 Class, which I hope to incorporate in some games in the future.  Lastly, I was able to read through most of a required article for my Open Source class - hopefully this will help prepare me for my class on Tuesday.

This past weekend, my roommate and I were going to do a friendly little game jam to create and open source Java game, but I was having trouble finding a version of Eclipse that would run on my computer.  By the time I found a suitable version, it was late and we decided to postpone our game jam for another day.  Along with this game jam, my roommate and I signed up to do a Microsoft coding competition this Wednesday, and we hope that we can incorporate some aspect of Open Source Software into this event to add to the community.  Hopefully we will even be able to snag some extra credit points in Humanitarian Free and Open Source Software class!

I'm not sure what this third week holds in store for me, but I hope it is fun!  I think this Coding event will be cool, and I hope I can get a lot of work done in my classes.  I just purchased THIS touchscreen monitor, so I want to start getting creative and artistic with my programs and games :)

No comments:

Post a Comment