Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekly Blog 3

This 3rd week was actually quite eventful!  I didn't have to worry about much homework and one of my classes even got changed to an "at home reading day".  I did manage to make a lot of progress on my longer term projects.

Mainly what I worked on this week was my Rich Media homework project.  The assignment was to develop an interactive drawing application in html5 and javascript.  It wasn't very difficult but it was time consuming.  I enjoyed modifying the code after I finished the base project to add more features to the program for bonus points.  I also learned a lot about video game physics in my Data Structures and Algorithms class.  Lastly, I helped my group progress in our creation of a board game for my Game Design class, and I got away from all of my Game classes by learning about Video Art in my Special Topics in Fine Arts class.

Aside from my work on class projects, my friend Nick and I attended a Coding Competition run by Microsoft, but I'll save the bulk of that for my next blog post.

In my Open Source Software course, I finished reading some articles and I learned a lot about what Open Source developers do and how the Open Source process works.  One of the resources I read regarding the "Open Source Way" can be found here: http://opensource.com/open-source-way.  I even took a quiz on these readings, which can be found if you look down at my last blog post!

I am enjoying my classes so far, and I really look forward to our Open Source Class field trip to the RocPy event at U of R: http://www.rocpy.org/ on Tuesday!

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment