Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekly Blog 4

This 4th week was pretty good!  I got a lot of work done.  As for exactly what I worked on this week:

  • I programmed an audio visualizer in html5 with Javascript.
  • I learned about using vectors, homogeneous coordinates, and quaternions in C++.
  • I went to a RocPy meetup which you can read about in my next blog post.
  • I helped finalize a board game that centers around launching folded papers with rubber bands.

Unfortunately, along with getting a lot of big projects done, I was also assigned a lot of work this week.  Here are some things I have to "look forward" to next week:
  • I have to create a C++ program that converts vectors, homogeneous coordinates, and quaternions.
  • I have to create a highly visual design document for the board game mentioned above.
  • I have to write an essay on a piece I would create in the realm of Video Art.
  • I have to perform a bug fix on an open source project and then describe the experience.

In other news, I was extremely happy that I got to drive home for the weekend and see my family.  My uncle is visiting from California and my sister came home from college.  I was delighted to see everyone.  Unfortunately, I am not delighted to have to drive the 6 hours back to Rochester tomorrow.

Despite the hard work I fear I am going to have to put in this week, I am looking forward to getting a lot done.  I hope I can continue to do well and hopefully have a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment