Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekly Blog 15

This was my last week of classes.  In my GDD class, we had a final play test and were told to go back and put the finishing touches on our games.  On Friday, we handed in our finalized products for everyone to play.  My personal favorite game was one called "Jump the Gun" where players can shoot a projectile and teleport around using it.  This was cool because it was made in Unity and it fully utilized network play.  Our game did pretty well in terms of reception as well.  We made a fully playable level showcasing all of the concepts of our game and people actually wanted us to make more levels.  I personally constructed the design document for the game and hosted the powerpoint presentation for our Post Mortem.

My HFOSS class had a final Play Test where I had to revert to an older version of our game because it lagged a bit too heavily on the XO.  The students did however react quite well to the score implementation that I made.  Also, I went to a hackathon that was brought up in my HFOSS class.  To read more about either the XO Project or the Reading Day Hackathon, check out my blog posts on those.

My DSA class finished our Game Engine assignments by adding an Octree implementation.  This was probably one of the hardest assignments I received all year because it is in my opinion a bit difficult of a concept to grasp.  Basically, the program check for collisions only based on what part of the space each object is in.  This is supposed to improve how well the program runs.

My Rich Media class finished up our SQLite lessons, and we received our final projects.  I also had my final exam for this class on Friday.  I think the exam went pretty well, and the final project does not look too bad.  Overall, not a bad last week for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment